Monday, August 4, 2014

Damsel in Distress


Yesterday, Mandy and I had an impromptu Fred Astaire movie marathon. He is one of my favorite actors! I love the movies he is in, he had such great comic flare. We were in the mood for a musical so we started with "Funny Face", also starring Audrey Hepburn. That really got us going, so when we noticed Netflix also had "Daddy Long Legs" with Leslie Caron off we went! 
After that is was official, the next movie had to also be a Fred Astaire. That is when I came across " Damsel in Distress" on Amazon. Can you believe, I had never seen it?! It also stars two more of my favorite actors, Gracie Allen and George Burns. A typical goofy comedy from the 1930's; an odd ball story line written by P.G. Woodhouse, marvelous dance routines, fabulous costumes and great one liners. Loved it!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun movie! I have never seen it, but will have to look for it soon. : ) My husband is a big fan of Wodehouse, so I'm sure he would love it.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete