Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Great Sofa Slipcover Project (part 1)

Oh I am so excited! This weekend we have cleared the calendar and are embarking on a sewing adventure. Yes, I am going to make a slip cover for the sofa! I have been planning this for almost a year and am so excited to finally be getting it done! As you can see, I got a jump start and made the covers for the back cushions last weekend.
I will be back soon with all the details and (hopefully) finished pictures!
Have a good weekend friends! You know where I will be!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck, Heide...you will do a great job, no doubt. Several years ago, I made slipcovers for a couch and love seat. I used an old sheet for the pattern...just laid it on different areas of them and drew with a sharpie, leaving allowances for seaming. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a good idea, thanks for the tip. I think it is going to be worth the time to get rid of the murky green sofa! I am ready for the challenge!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! I can't wait for the next post...

    xx,
    jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell already that I will enjoy your blog. Can't wait to read your back posts. I'm an apron lover!!!

    ReplyDelete